Download our FREE trading software!
- “Enable ‘Hedge’ Option By Default” option has been included in
Bookmark. This option places a checkmark next to the Hedge option
(enabling it) by default in the Open Position(s) Window when the user
attempts to place a market order or entry order. Enabling the Hedge
option allows the user to place an opposing order in the currency pair
using the same account without the new order affecting any currently
open positions in that currency pair.
- Implemented internal CCI(DATA ARRAY,DATA ARRAY) function. It has 2
parameters of which 1 is optional. It can be called using (for
vCCI:= CCI(20); which assumes TP() (typical price as price input) … equivalent to … vCCI:= CCI(TP(),20);
…or you can specify the price input parameter such as (for example) …
vCCI:= CCI(RSI(14),20); which would use a 14-period RSI to calculate the CCI on
- “Close Time” column added to Closed Position Window; this displays the date/time stamps for closed positions
- Added 13 New Indicators: (Details for each can be found in their respective Notes section using the Indicator Builder)
+ Chande’s Dynamic Momentum Index
+ Chande’s Qstick
+ Chande’s TrendScore
+ DeMark’s Demarker I
+ DeMark’s Projected Range
+ DeMark’s Range Expansion Index (REI)
+ Linear Regression Acceleration
+ Linear Regression Indicator
+ Linear Regression Slope
+ Pivot Points Indicator Weekly
+ Pivot Points Indicator Weekly – Fibonacci Ratios
+ Relative Vigor Index
+ Stochastic Momentum Index
- VTtrader now displays up to a maximum of 5,000 bars of data in each chart window.
- Navigator Window>AutoHide feature has been changed; when
enabling the AutoHide option the Navigator Window will “hide” on the
left side of the user’s desktop, however, it will now keep a small
strip of the window visible to the user to make redisplaying the
Navigator Window easier. (This functionality is similar to how the
Windows ® taskbar
works when the user has it hidden.)
- Mousehook.dll file removed from VTtrader installation; it is no
longer necessary for operation of Navigator Window>AutoHide feature.
Once upgraded to VTtrader 1.7.8, it is safe to delete the mousehook.dll
file from the VTtrader main directory (default install path C:Program
FilesVTtradermousehook.dll) if you choose to do so. Full downloads of
VTtrader 1.7.8 will not contain the mousehook.dll file. Additional
information on this file can be found at the following VT Systems user
- Trading systems are now saved by default using their Short Name in
the Trading Systems Builder>Indicator Bookmark; if existing trading
system is found on user’s PC, when VTtrader attempts to save the new
trading system it will automatically append (x) to the trading system’s
name (where x is the next number to save with).
- Indicators are now saved by default using their Short Name in the
Indicator Builder>Indicator Bookmark; if existing indicator is found
on user’s PC, when VTtrader attempts to save the new indicator it will
automatically append (x) to the indicator’s name (where x is the next
number to save with).
- When using File>Account Logout, the File>Account Login,
File>Exit, and system tray icon menu>Exit options are temporarily
disabled. This allows VTtrader the proper time required to perform a
full logout. The menus will be re-enabled once the logout procedure has
completed successfully. * see notes below in “known issues” section for
- Modified Commodity Channel Index indicator to implement internal
CCI() function which correctly calculates the CCI based on Donald
Lambert’s original formula logic.
- Chande’s Momentum Oscillator indicator updated (small edit)
- Pivot Point Daily Indicator edited; no longer necessary to manually
choose the chart interval, the indicator will determine the chart
- Pivot Point Daily Indicator - Fibonacci Ratios edited; no longer
necessary to manually choose the chart interval, the indicator will
determine the chart interval automatically
- Position of minimized windows in VTtrader are now saved and restored as part of the Desktop Template.
- Variable list window in Indicator Builder>Input Bookmark has been widened.
- Variable list window in Indicator Builder>Output Bookmark has been widened.
- Variable list window in Trading Systems Builder>Input Bookmark has been widened.
- Variable list window in Trading Systems Builder>Output Bookmark has been widened.
- Internal logging improvements including log files now saved with
.log extension, ability for user to select to automatically split up
log files by day, additional logging of events, and the ability to
choose from multiple levels of logging (each selection stores an
additional layer of information to the log files. Available options
FATAL, ERROR, WARN, INFO, DEBUG, and ALL.
- Logging Enabled set enabled as default
- Log Level set to WARN by default
- Changed “Time” column name to “Open Time” in Closed Position Window; this was done since a new “Close Time” column was added.
- Connection and reconnection logic and algorithm improvements
- Size of VTTraderSetup.exe package has been reduced to increase speed of download and upgrade process.